A Romantic Getaway In San Francisco And The Wine Country
Designed for the sophisticated travelers, this elegant vacation package combines two of the greatest travel destinations in America: the beautiful City of San Francisco and the world-renowned California Wine Country. In one wonderful week-long adventure, you will visit some of the most famous icons of San Francisco and experience first-hand the culture and diversity of its many ethnic neighborhoods. Crossing the Bay by ferryboat, a visit of the island prison of Alcatraz guarantees to leave you with unforgettable memories.
A day excursion will take you around the beautiful Bay of San Francisco, traveling across the Golden Gate Bridge and the stunning coast of the Marin Headlands, to the small charming artist village of Sausalito and the sophisticated towns of Berkeley and Oakland. The Wine Country then awaits you. You will explore in elegance and comfort the main wine-growing regions and its smaller appellations.
Traveling through the gorgeous rural landscape of Russian River, West Sonoma, Dry Creek, Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley, you will visit celebrated wineries and taste some of the best-known wines of the region, as well as experience the small family-operated vineyards with their delightful wines. There is naturally plenty of time to relax and visit the charming small towns in the region. Santa Rosa, Calistoga, St Helena, Healdsburg all await you with their shaded plazas and cafés, art galleries and restaurants.
This is a culture, food and wine wonderland for the travelers looking for a rich, elegant and relax travel package.
A Romantic Getaway For Your Valentine In San Francisco And The Wine Country
Wed 8th February - Wed 15th February
per person/twin share
- Fully supported. 24/7 guides and escort.
- Fully accessible.
- 8 days/7 nights.
- Roughly divided between visits in SF and Sonoma/Napa valleys
- Includes nights at hotels 3*** (or better hotels and/or equivalent, i.e. country inns, etc.) with breakfast
- All transportation from/to airport/hotels and daily excursions
- All tours/visits SF and wine country as described
- Ferry + night visit Alcatraz Island/Prison
- 1 exclusive catered lunch at a selected winery with local foods and local wines
- 1 personalized wine tour of a selected winery (tasting reserve select wines, cellar tour, talk with the winemakers, etc.)
- Wine tastings at selected wineries
- Other activities at the discretion of the operators (seasonal, markets, events, etc.)
Arrival in San Francisco. “Grand tour” of San Francisco. Chinatown, Fishermen’s Wharf, Coit Tower, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, Presidio Park, etc.
Walking tour in a neighborhood of San Francisco. Crossing the Bay in the ferryboat and a night visit of the island and prison of Alcatraz.
“3-Bridge Excursion”. A tour of the San Francisco Bay: Marin Headlands, Sausalito/Tiburon, Berkeley and Oakland.
San Francisco to the Wine Country via the small rural roads of Marin County and Sonoma County.
The wines and foods of West Sonoma. The rural and charming Russian River region. An exclusive catered lunch at a winery.
The wines and foods of Napa Valley. Visits of the charming towns of Calistoga and St Helena.
The wines, foods and champagnes of Sonoma Valley. Visit of the historic town of Sonoma.
Returning to San Francisco and a relaxed day of shopping or wine country depending on departure.
Basic package San Francisco + Wine Country is 8 days/7 nights
It can easily be extended to 10-12 days or more by the addition of more days in San Francisco before/after, extra excursions and activities (see below)
- Sophisticated, elegant, relax. Urban experience, nature, history and culture.
- Strong focus on the food and wine culture of California.
- Very comfortable and pampered.
- “Affordable luxury”.
- Great for families and couples and can be fully customized.
Completely accessible for travelers in wheelchairs.
In San Francisco: quality hotels 3*** (or better or equivalent) such as the Tuscan Inn, the Radisson, the InterContinental, the Hilton, and the like.
In a selected pleasant and comfortable neighborhood with easy access to activities, attractions, restaurants and shopping, such as Fishermen’s Wharf and Union Square.
In the Wine Country: quality hotels 3*** (or better or equivalent) such as the Hilton, the Hyatt and the like.
In selected pleasant and characteristic small towns, with easy access to activities, attractions, restaurants and shopping, such as Santa Rosa, Healdsburg, Sonoma and the like.
Rooms in double occupancy (a single king or queen-size bed, or two queen or double-size beds), with an accessible bathroom with a roll-in shower or a tub with grab-bars and a transfer bench.
Minivan (Dodge Caravan or similar) and/or full size vans (Ford Transit, Mercedes Sprinter or similar)
Accessible or not, depending on the travel needs.
Full range of adaptive equipment (wheelchairs, scooters, medical beds, lifts, shower chairs, transfer benches, etc.) available for rental for a fee.
- Stay additional 2-3 days in San Francisco/Bay Area
- 2-3 days excursion along the north coast to Mendocino
- 2-3 days excursion along the south coast to Santa Cruz, Monterey and Big Sur
- 2-3 days excursion to the Gold Country and Yosemite National Park
Optional Accessible Activities
- Hot-air balloon ride in Sonoma + champagne brunch
- Bicycle excursion in the wine country
- Kayaking trip in San Francisco Bay or Tomales Bay
- Sailing on San Francisco Bay
- Go-car tour in San Francisco
- Hiking in the wine country, Redwood forests, coastal trails, etc.
- Micro-breweries: tastings and tours of the best new breweries of Northern California
- Cooking classes in Berkeley
- Hot springs and spa day in Calistoga